Thursday, March 7, 2019

Required: JBC Shopping for "We-ness"

Image result for white jordan sneakers

When I was in elementary school a lot of the cool kids my age wear brand name shoes. I was very conscious of how they viewed me because I was the only one who didn't own any brand name shoes. I remember attempting to buy a shoe that looks like a white Jordan sneaker, but that made me even more conscious because a couple classmate will ask me questions about them. The cool kids didn't take notice of me either and I thought it was a bummer that I was spending money just trying to fit in. I knew my family isn't well off so I never asked for anything more. What's important was that I discovered that I liked my cheaper glittery shoes better. When I got older I realized that the brand name didn't matter, the cost didn't matter. What matters was what I liked, they didn't have to be brand names or expensive as long as they fit my taste and are comfortable. Also, if I did get brand name shoes or items, they would fit my liking at a discounted price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment