Thursday, March 7, 2019

Required: Conformed to a Group, or Authority


When I was still in middle school, all my friends, we were influenced by our high school peers. We would do what they do because they were older, they had to know better, or so we thought. I learned to ditched school, skipped class and also took my first beer in middle school. We definitely weren't the brightest teens. One day my friends and I attempted to ditch class, sure enough, we were caught and was sent back to our classrooms. The looks from my teacher and classmates were piercing with judgments, a feeling I will never forget. Soon after, I was exposed to self-harm and took part in it for about a year until I realized how incredibly stupid I was. What made me come to my senses was that I never knew how far we took it until the school system checked one of them into a treatment center. I didn't have any hatred towards myself, and I didn't even remember why I did it. After freshmen year, I kept myself away from those situations. When I look back at myself, I couldn't believe how incredibly dumb I was, and now I can never imagine myself in those positions ever again.

My parents, grandparents, eldest siblings have authority over me at home; in addition, at school, there are my teachers, the principal, and the vice principal. I had to listen to them, obey their rules and try not to cause any troubles. Although I didn't cause any troubles at home I did cause a lot of troubles at school, hence my story in the first paragraph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment