Thursday, March 7, 2019

JBC: Shopping/consumers Social Order

The difference between shopping and consumption really caught my attention because I never really paid any attention to the meaning behind them. Shopping is acquiring good from the marketplace, whereas consumption can be acquiring goods without the market place. An example of shopping from my personal experience would be buying clothes and personal necessities. Many of my traditional clothes are made and given to me by my mother, which is an example of acquiring goods. 

Image result for make up

As a girl who enjoys using make-ups, I do believe that shopping can lead to social solidarity. I can bond with other girls about make-ups, we give each other advice about which product is good for us. We also talk about which brand we enjoy using, the conversation can advance to skin and hair care routine. Many men believe that we ladies stare at each other in a negative way but majority of the time it is because we admire something about what they had on (from clothes to make-ups).   

No comments:

Post a Comment