Tuesday, March 5, 2019

JBC: Branding/The self and Social Interactions

Image result for dancing in the rainImage result for cautious
"I" represents an impulsive part of ourselves. It's how we see ourselves, and it's also who we really are as a person. "Me" represents our social self, it is what we think others view us as. It is developed through socialization. When I'm by myself I love listening to music genres that my friends and family don't normally listen to, or the type that they find very annoying. In my head I picture myself dancing in the rain, in the house with the music on blast, even in reality sometimes I am completely focused on myself. When I'm around people who are the complete opposite of me, I tend to hold myself back and tone down my personality in-case it throws them off. I'm more cautious about what type of person I would be in the eyes of others. 

Branding is also a way of how people would like to identify themselves. Many people think highly of a brand and would like to have the newest release or the hottest item from that specific brand. There are those who don't put clothing brands as priorities and will settle for what would cost less and sometime they would be made fun of by those who wear branded clothes. Some brands hold values and have so many emotional connections with people that people use them to compete against one another. Let's take iPhones and Samsung Galaxy for an example. By far iPhones and Samsung are the two most well-known phone brands. People who had purchased these two products are always arguing and competing to see which phone brand is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment