Wednesday, April 17, 2019

JBC: Coffee Class


I was never really a coffee person, and many people would act surprised when I tell them this fact. Why is it such a shock that I'm not a fan of it? Maybe because they probably think that I have a poor taste in beverages since I prefer drinking my carbonated sodas. From all my experience, I always get looked down upon for always getting the Starbucks Refreshers instead of coffees because I can always get juice from the 'store'. After reading this chapter, I'm starting to believe that maybe people do drink Starbucks coffees as a 'high class' status.

There are many movies where people who didn't know the differences between the many forks and spoons are made a fool by those of elites. There are also many conspicuous consumption instances, where the rich get angry because their expensive plates are being used when they are only for display. It's put out in our society that we are in the middle to low class if we have little to no knowledge about the life of elites.          

No comments:

Post a Comment