Saturday, February 2, 2019

Introducing Sociology: The First Thing I bought was...


Related image

Back in 2007, I got into my very first relationship. My boyfriend at the time was a cousin of my childhood friend. We first met at the loud street of my old neighborhood, where my friend also used to live. My friend's family had a traditional ceremony where my boyfriend attended. At the time, I held no romantic feelings for him, I was too young to even understand what love is, I was only 12. It took many errand and chores to finally save up money to buy him a half a year anniversary gift. What I bought for us were two jade couple rings. Several months after we separated on good terms. Till this day I still think that the jade rings were a good purchase for it was very beautiful. I believed at the time I just wanted to give him a gift for being with someone as boring as I was. I never thought about the back story of this product, but with little research, I found that jade rings have a beautiful meaning. Jade rings are a symbol of love and eternity. The process to carve a jade ring takes lots of patience and efforts. Jades were highly priced thousands of years back which makes them of the most valuable rock in China at the time. It's value still holds to those who keep them as antiques. I definitely do not regret purchasing this product.

Resource: https://www.leaf.tv/articles/jade-ring-symbolism/    

No comments:

Post a Comment